Jazzing Up Your Whole Coffee Beans
- By: Shawni Groezinger
If you happen to be looking for ways on how to add extra flavour to whole coffee beans, just keep reading to learn more. Whole beans can be infused with a variety of spices such as vanilla cinnamon and nutmeg. This is a good alternative to purchasing commercially available flavoured coffee which frankly does not cut it. Also, these commercial preparations of flavoured coffee usually contain a whole lot of preservatives and chemical components that are undesirable for your health.
The good news is that there is a natural way to infuse spices into your coffee. This gives you a more natural taste without the worries of any harsh chemical preservatives. So to get on with preparing spiced up whole coffee beans you will need to prepare the following:
1. Medium sized mixing bowl
2. Freshly roasted whole coffee beans
3. Spices - This would depend on your preference. You can use cinnamon, nutmeg or vanilla beans. You need about a 3 pairs of beans for every pound of coffee.
Now that you're ingredients are in line, proceed to the next steps:
1. Pour the coffee beans into the medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Split the vanilla beans (make sure to split them right at the centre to get all the flavours). Add this on to the coffee.
3. Mix it thoroughly and make sure that all the vanilla beans come into contact with the coffee.
4. Place the mixture into a container (preferably air tight containers).
5. Give the mixture a minimum of 24 hours to sit and allow the flavour to seep into the coffee.
6. Enjoy your own brew!
Another advantage of this particular method of infusing flavour is that the vanilla beans (or other spices) can be reused. In cases where in the flavours seem to dissipate; all you need to do is re-mix the coffee with the spices to lock in more flavour. Listed below are some other options for spices that you can use on your coffee beans:
Also, aside from adding these spices to whole beans, in some cases you can also add it with ground coffee. This particularly works well for cinnamon and nutmeg. If you are also willing to experiment a little when it comes to flavours, you can also try to do a mix up of different flavours to come up with a unique blend. Aside from these spices, there are also several coffee syrup preparations that you can choose to use.
As you can see, there are a lot of different ways on how you can proceed with adding flavour to your coffee. Depending on your taste you can even mix and match. Just always make sure to store your coffee properly so that you do not have any problems with bad coffee. In case you are tired of having to drink the same old blend every day, you can always opt for coffee with a little more spice.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Drinking whole coffee beans will add quality taste to your cup of coffee. Buy whole coffee beans for the freshest morning cup of brew.